The Barton County Commission will meet at 9 a.m. Wednesday at the Barton County Courthouse, 1400 Main in Great Bend. The meeting will be open to the public but will also be livestreamed due to COVID-19.
It will be streamed live via Microsoft Teams. Citizens can view the meeting through their own login or by logging in anonymously.
To participate, follow the link https://bit.ly/3Mq8Zqd. Those wishing to participate in the discussion of any point may call 620-793-1800 for instructions.
The agenda includes:
• A discussion of revenue neutrality and its impact on the budgeting process. Kansas Senator Alicia Straub will join the meeting.
• Billing for sending revenue-neutral rate notices.
• Emergency repair of a bridge crossing Cow Creek on NE 70 Road.
Following the agenda meeting, the following appointments are scheduled:
• 10:00 am – Update from Great Bend Economic Development Inc. with Sara Hayden, President.
• 10:30 am – economic development update with Bob Whetmore, Great Plains Development and Hayden.
• 11:00 a.m. – Fundraising with Mary Anne Stoskopf, Secretary/Treasurer, Barton County Rural Water District No. 1.
• 11:15 am – project update with Don Mars, DMA Architects.
• 1:15 pm – Façade improvement grants for Forest Avenue Antiques LLC. and Hammond Inc.
• 1:45 pm – personal discussion with Karen Winkelman, Director of Health.
• 2:00 pm – RFP request for two diesel pickup trucks with Darren Williams, County Works Manager.
• 2:30 pm – regular business discussion with Matt Patzner, Director of Operations.